Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cigar Bars


Time to continue the nighttime serial posting. I will make this one brief because I am tired, but just had to share…Cigar bars…

So I just got out of the shower and it is 12:30PM. I didn’t go for a run or get wildly drunk and decide to play battleship in the tub like I do on many occasions. I reeked of cigars after spending a good 5 hours in a cigar bar and boy is that smoke hard to get out of your skin and hair (and I basically have no hair). So why then would I write about this – because I can….ahaha

So I am not a big cigar smoker. I don’t think I have smoked a cigar in about 2 or 3years, but when some guys at work put together a guys night I couldn’t pass on the night. Guys nights are few and far between so I jumped right on. What a fantastic night – we went to one of the 4 remaining cigar bars in NYC because of the smoking ban. There are only 4 goddamn bars left – can you believe this? I understand not having cigarette smoking in bars, but there should be more than 4 bars in which you can smoke cigars. I am now convinced cigar smoking is badass – and this is why:

6:45PM: Arrive at bar and am worried I may have to roll up my sleeves because this place looks classy. Oak bar and big lounge chairs, all men, and hot women waitresses – my interest is suddenly awoken.

7:05PM: First beer arrives, brought by hot waitress – basketball games are on and the place smells like wonderfully flavored tobacco and scotch.

7:45PM: Burgers arrive and third round of beers. Burger is so big that I have to squeeze it to fit it in my mouth. The place is filled with me bullshitting in loud volume now.

8:00PM: Spanish/Mexican band starts playing and hot women just magically appear dancing in a very Shakira-like manner 3 feet from my head. Still working on the burger in a comfy chair. This place rocks.

8:45PM: Dinner gone and the cigars and single malt scotch arrive. Ladies keep dancing around to music. Cigars with single malt are sooo soo good. Sitting and relaxing with the aroma of cigars is unmatched.

9:30PM: Next round of scotch and still working on the same cigar. 30 year-old girl walks over and starts talking to me. In the conversation she asks if the group I was with “was having a business meeting”. Seriously – its 9:30 and we are drinking and cursing – that would be one hell of a business meeting. Who cares, this girl likes steak, potatoes, cigars and scotch. I contemplate proposing.

10:45PM: Cigar gone and more beers ordered. This place rocks. It has totally transformed into a speakeasy type bar and this is awesome.

11:30PM: Leave the bar – SOBER! This is a first, but cigar bars are awesome.
No theories or categories or analogies – just scotch, beer, cigars and burgers tonight.

No comments: